Managing a website is one of the most important steps people take today to improve their business environment. In this regard, people initially take action Buy hosts and domains They make it right and then try to better manage their website. In order to manage files and folders located on the host, you can act directly through the admin panel such as C Panel or Direct Admin. But there are other methods that you can use if you wish. One of these methods is connecting phpstorm to the host and managing the website remotely. This way you can have all your files and folders remotely on your system using the PhpStorm program and manage them this way. In this article from Fa-host knowledge base We have a decision How to connect phpstorm to hosts To teach you. So if you want to know more about this program and how to connect phpstorm to the server, stay with us until the end of this article.
The topics covered in this article are as follows:
What does it mean to connect phpstorm to a host?
Maybe you have ever needed to upload a large file to your host. In such cases, if you want to act directly through your admin panel, you may have to wait a long time. In such cases you can use various peripherals and interfaces under the title HERE It is known to act. There are FTP, Filezilla and many other applications that you can use to quickly and accurately upload your files to the host. The phpstorm program is one of these programs that acts as an interface and helps you to manage your host remotely. In the following, we will tell you that you can somehow connect phpstorm to the host and use this program to manage your host remotely.
How to set ftp in phpstorm
In the first step of the process of connecting phpstorm to the host, you must prepare a program PhpStorm Download from reputable download websites and install it on your system.
- After installing and creating a new project, you will see a page like the one below.
- A menu will be visible at the top of this page. You have to go through the menu options available Tools Select. Then from the submenus that are displayed to you, select Deployment Select and finally on the option Configuration click.
- Now a new page will be displayed as a pop-up. On this page you have to click on the mark + Click on the left side of the page.
- You will then be presented with a menu that should be selected from the available options FTP Select and then the button OK click. .
- At this point, a page will pop up again asking you to specify the name of the new server. In this section, enter a custom name such as the name of your website and click on the button OK click.
- In this step of the process of connecting phpstorm to the host, a new page will be shown to you that you must enter the information about your ftp host accurately. Which we have described in detail in step 8.
- Now you can click the button OK click. But before clicking the ok button, it is better to click on the symbol Located on the left side of the screen, specify that you want the following to be done by default after connecting:
- Automatically upload modified files
- Manually upload and download files without having to select the desired host
- Compare files and folders on the host with versions in the remote program
- Ability to edit any of the files on remote hosts through the phpstorm program
The next step is to check the options Visible only for this project Enable. In this case you specify that only in the present project it is possible to use the configuration done and as a result The security of your information will also be greatly enhanced.
- Finally, it is time to enter the information about your host in the specified empty fields, then apply the necessary configurations according to the following description:
- Type: Select the FTP option from this drawer.
- Host: Enter the domain address or IP of your host server.
- User name: Enter the username associated with your FTP account.
- Password: Enter your ftp account password.
- Root path: Displayable path for hosting, which is indicated by entering the / character in the root or root.
- Web server URL: Enter the domain name or IP address of the host server in the field.
Very important point: Turn Passive mode off.
Before clicking the button OK You can click the button Test Connection Click and if you receive the message that the connection was successful Ok Click.
If you do not receive the above message, you should review the information you entered and finally save the changes.
View and manage information on hosts with phpstorm
So far, with the help of the previous steps, the phpstorm connection to the host has been successful. Now it is enough to view the information on the host through the menu Tools Under the menu Deployment Select and finally tap on the option Browse Remote Host click.
In this way, all the information and files located on the host will be displayed to you.
Now you can easily and without any problems manage your website remotely by connecting phpstorm to the host.
After purchasing the host, you can connect to your service and manage it in different ways. May require uploading large files to a high-volume service such as WordPress Hosting Be in such a situation uploading a file becomes a challenge. One way is to use the PhpStorm program and connect to it. Using this program, you can remotely manage folders. In this article from the Fa Host Knowledge Base, we have tried to provide you with a step-by-step tutorial on how to connect phpstorm to your host.